- Every team member has provided a response and cleared the COVID-19 questionnaire.
- Upon entering, temperature is taken daily to ensure no one has symptoms of the COVID-19 virus.
- Hands must be cleaned with appropriate soap or hand sanitizer every time they enter the office.
- Staff must follow cleaning protocols after seeing every patient.
- Our team must practice social distancing at work.
- Scrubs must be clean.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) required by the CDC and the American Dental Association (ADA) will be worn prior to seeing patients.
- Barriers have been placed at the front desk to separate direct contact between the front desk team and patients.
- Pens used to sign forms are cleaned with proper wipes in between each use.
- Team members are encouraged to promote the use of 'touchless' online forms found on our website.
- Employees, patients (unless being treated) and their family members will be required to wear a mask at all times.
- Schedules have been modified to ensure the team practices social distancing without sacrificing quality of care for our patients.
- There will be extra precautions taken for proper control of aerosols within the practice. Water will be minimized when using equipment that produces aerosol spray. Proper suction equipment will be used.
- We have designated specific team members to specific roles. For example, some will be responsible for greeting patients while others ensure areas of physical contact, such as door handles and chairs have been sterilized with the recommended solution.
- Floors will be properly cleaned during lunch time and again at the end of every day.
- Staff must wash their hands before having lunch.
- Special safety precautions will be implemented to protect immunocomprimised patients.
- Restrooms are to be cleaned after use by patients.
- We have limited appointment scheduling options at the moment to allow or social distancing between patients.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times and the number of visitors in the reception area.
- We encourage patients to call our office as they arrive to ensure we are ready to receive them.
COVID-19 Staff Protocols
Guidelines For Our Team Members - Keeping Everyone Safe from The COVID-19 Virus
Our Office follows infection control recommendations made by the U.S. Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and precautions developed by us. We're implementing these changes to protect our patients and staff.
We're proud of you. Tag your pic with #HealthyLiving @thebitedental and see it here